Largest toaster ovens: 7 best models compared
- It has the largest capacity overall (one cubic foot)
- Unlike others, this model has unique cooking features, such as proofing and dehydrating. In total it has 13 smart cooking functions, including air fry.
- Element IQ moves the power where it’s needed the most for perfect cooking results.
- It provides a greater air volume thanks to its super convection feature. This ensures faster cooking results.
- Not everybody can afford it, being an expensive appliance. We have compared it to the second largest of the Breville models and this one costs 30% more. Some users believe it is worth it for all the positive features, but others have preferred to prioritize the price and getting a less expensive option.
Do you have a big family? Do you often invite guests to your house for dinner? If the answer is yes, then you already know cooking for many people can be very stressful. Luckily, large toaster ovens can make it easier.
Best extra large toaster ovens
1. Breville BOV900BSSUSC Smart Oven
- Super Convection Technology: 2 speed convection fan (Super & regular) offers greater cooking control. Super convection provides a greater volume of air to ensure fast and even heat distribution, perfect for air frying, dehydration and roasting
- Precision Cooking & Element IQ: With Element IQ 6 Independent quartz heating elements move the power where it's needed most, above and below the food for perfect results
- Air Fry & Dehydrate Presets: Why buy a stand alone air fryer or dehydrator when the Smart Oven Air can air fry french fries and other family favorites and dehydrate a range of foods; Dehydrate up to 4 trays of goodness
Things to love:
- Best inside space: Perfect for big family and friends gatherings. This model offers the largest space on the inside. You can roast a 14-lb chicken, toast up to 9 slices of bread or make a large 13’’ pizza. It also has the capacity to hold 4 dehydrating trays at the same time or baking more than 10 muffins.
- Super versatile: this model is well known for having more cooking options than others. Users love having 13 different cooking settings to choose from, such as toast, bagel, broil, bake, roast, warm, pizza, proof, air fry, reheat, cookies, slow cook and dehydrate.
- LCD Display: the LCD display will show you all the cooking options, along with the temperature, the remaining cooking time, and the cooking phase. Most users have stated that this is a very practical feature since they can forget about the instructions manual.
- Element IQ: makes this model a unique one. It consists of 6 individual quartz elements built-in on the top and the bottom of the unit. Grilling and roasting results get more precise thanks to this function.
- Inside lighting: this is another feature that customers appreciate greatly. The interior light will allow you to check how the meal is going without opening the oven’s door.
What’s not to like:
- The price: Price is important for customers and this model is not a cheap one. However, being 40% larger than the second largest model of its brand, it’s definitely worth the investment.
- A flaw with the door: Some users have stated this as a common point of failure. After some months of use, the door seemed to not close properly. However, clients that experienced this flaw, used the 2-year warranty and got a new unit.
This model has the best inside capacity of all. It is the first choice for people with big families without a doubt. It is also a very modern and sophisticated model and has great cooking options (air frying and dehydrating mode included). The LCD screen makes its usage very easy and the feedback has been excellent. The main downside of this model is the price, but most users state that if you want to have the largest capacity in a toaster oven, it is totally worth it to make the investment. It is also our runner up for the best overall air fryer toaster oven.
Our score: 4.7 out of 5
2. Cuisinart TOB-260N1
- Spacious 0.95 cubic-foot capacity oven fits 13" pizza and 9" x 13" baking pan
- 1875 watts of power; 15 cooking functions, including innovative Dual Cook and Speed Convection; door sensor to activate oven; auto-slide out rack
- Digital controls with large blue backlit display and LED buttons; interior light; adjustable 2 hour timer and 2 hour automatic shutoff
This model is our pick for the second toaster oven with the largest capacity. Cuisinart is well known for being a reliable brand and the users’ feedback is mostly positive.
Things to love:
- Interior measures: with its 0.95 cubic foot capacity, this oven can fit 9 slices of bread, a 13″ pizza or 9″ x 13″ baking pans.
- Many cooking options: This model offers up to 15 different functions for cooking, such as Toast, Bagel, Waffle, Keep Warm, Bake, Broil, Roast, Pizza, Leftovers, Sandwich, Dual Cook, +30s, Convection Cooking Settings, and Defrost. Among them all, users really like the dual-cook since it combines 2 cooking functions or 2 temperatures to create more cooking options and flexibility.
- Oven light button: when pressing it, the interior will illuminate for 2 minutes. This will allow you to monitor the cooking progress in an easier way.
- LCD Display: it will clearly display the function, time, temperature, and toast shade you have selected.
- Limited 3-year warranty: Most toaster ovens have a warranty of 1 or 2 years, but this model offers you a 3-year warranty if you complete the product registration online at Cuisinart’s website. However, when you register, you still have to maintain the original proof of purchase in order to obtain the warranty benefits.
What’s not to like:
- Price: while it is a little less expensive than the Breville’s Smart Oven Air, it is still a pricey machine.
- Labels on the buttons rub off: The main concern the users have stated is that after little use, the icons of the buttons start wearing out. They claim the gadget is expensive enough to have this flaw.
This Cuisinart model has a very large capacity as well. It also has 15 cooking functions and a good reputation with the final cooking results. We have selected this model as our best toaster oven. Also, it’s very modern and stylish. On the downside, customers’ main issue with it is that the quality of the buttons is poor and the only option they get left is to memorize the buttons.
3. Black + Decker TO3265XSSD
- Air fry technology - deep fried taste without the fat!
- Countertop baking – bake and reheat without a big oven. Material : Stainless Steel
- 60-Minute timer - the 60-minute precision timer is convenient for short and long cooking tasks.
The Black + Decker TO3265XSSD is the best budget option with a large capacity. It has the most wanted cooking settings, such as baking, broiling, toasting, and air frying, and it is great for big families.
Things to love:
- Large space on the inside: There’s space for up to eight slices of bread, a 12″ pizza or 9″ x 13″ pans with handles.
- Versatility: you can choose out of five different cooking functions: baking, broiling, warming, toasting and air frying.
- Stainless steel: some cheaper alternatives tend to be made out of plastic, but this one is not one of them. The material is stainless steel, which also makes it easy to clean.
- 60-minute timer: it auto shuts after 60 minutes. Users really like this feature because it guarantees safety.
- Price: this is the best alternative for having a lot of different settings to cook and saving money.
What’s not to like:
- No cooking guide: most negative reviews are about the lack of a cooking guide. People strongly suggest that a kitchen gadget with so many features should come with instructions or recommendations.
- Takes time to adjust: since it does not come with proper instructions, you have to be checking the food often to accomplish the perfect cooking, which makes it impractical.
This model offers a very large capacity on the inside for a great price. It is also very versatile. It offers five different ways to cook food and makes you save a lot of time with the cooking and the cleaning. However, the main issue is the lack of instructions. Customers state that multifunctional appliances should come with a guide, otherwise it can be frustrating to adjust to the model.
Our score: 4.4 out of 5
4. Oster TSSTTVDGXL-SHP
- Countertop convection oven features convection technology for fast, even heating
- Digital settings for pizza, bake, broil, toast, and defrost
- Large interior fits 2 take and bake pizzas, a family sized chicken, or 18 slices of bread
This Oster Digital Countertop Oven is large enough to fit large casseroles and even 2 large frozen pizzas. It has several cooking options and an auto timer, perfect for safety. It can easily replace your conventional oven.
Things to love:
- Wide interior: with a volume of 1000.0 cubic-in, it can fit a 12 lb-turkey or 2, more than 10 cookies and up to 2 large frozen pizzas.
- Five cooking settings: This model offers five cooking features, such as bake, Broil, Toast, Pizza and Defrost.
- Auto timer: after 90 minutes, it shuts off automatically.
- Easy to clean: it includes a removable crumb tray that makes cleanup way easier.
- Stylish design: users really like the stainless finish of the appliance.
What’s not to like
- Warranty: the warranty is only for a year. Other budget models, such as the BLACK + DECKER TO3265XSSD have it for two years.
- It runs hot: Most negative reviews about this model is that meals get burned with the recommended temperature. Also, the unit gets really hot on the outside.
The Oster Extra Large Digital Toaster Oven is a good budget option for a busy house. With its brushed stainless steel, it looks great on the counter. Also, it offers a wide selection of cooking options. The downside is that it runs too hot. Users need to be checking on meals constantly to avoid them being overcooked and have to be careful with the outside, which gets extremely hot.
Our score: 4 out of 5
5. Breville BOV800XL
6. Cuisinart TOA-65
No products found.